Thursday, March 10, 2011

How to Avail the most of your Luggage Allowances and Avoid the Devious Charges

I would have been much more relaxed boarding my flight if I knew beforehand how much luggage is permitted on board. I traveled to the airport ready to jet off on a special holiday and suddenly I realized that the third pair of shoes I packed, thinking it’s would be very essential at that time, are really just an unnecessary weight which has put me over the limit. Every airline has its own strict standards as to the Airline Baggage Allowance. This is set according to the average baggage allowance per passenger and if the passenger ends up crossing that limit, he/she is supposed to pay for the excess weight of his/her baggage.

The luggage in the cargo is weighed at the airport. Usually hand luggage is limited to one piece weighing no more than approximately 8 kg and the weights of free checked luggage for each class of travel are approximately 40 kg for first class, 30 kg for business class and 20kg for economy class. Despite of variance in classes each traveler is allowed to take two pieces of checked luggage and each piece should not be more than approximately 62 inches, and rest all varies according to the flight company.

With this concept the free c is defined by the total weight of the baggage than the total number of baggage you have. It is one of the rules that I should always keep in mind during packing my bags for my holiday or vacation else, it became very embarrassing for me to take out my delicate from bag in front of the entire airport. It is obvious that keeping a check on every airline baggage allowances can be a little complicated but getting it right can save a lot of time as well as your holiday.

Few airlines are very strict with their baggage payment on the other hand few changes their allowances for some important persons. To ensure that my luggage can be successfully checked, I always measure my existent sector purchase proper sized bags according to the airline luggage policy. So keep a right check on the weight of your luggage and you can safely reach your destination with facing any hassle on the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment